Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Kiss of Reality...a rugged tale

Reality check of ""good things suppose to come"" like they said they would..did they??....nopes they didn't.......just travel in Indian Rails for once..that too in a General Class and that's where exactly you'll be kissed with the hard core reality for sure!!... ...forget the interiors of rural belt where there aren't any proper bridges to cross the river in the time of floods....electricity and sanitation is a far fetched thing besides proper schools or hospitals....But still we keep creating ruckus and hoopla over the poor quality of food provided in Rajdhani and in Shatabdi Express!!!... Did we ever gave this a thought as to how a poor travel in a General Class??...or else how they manage their daily chores deep inside the rural belt?? If ever you travel in a General Class..the picture will be just like that of chickens being overly and poorly stuffed in a poultry van....where a reall challenge is to pave your way thorough!!!....hang on that's not all ..once after jumping over the vacant seat and occupying it after a great struggle (like two hungry dogs over a piece of bone would)...forget going to the loo when travelling alone!!!...once you leave!!!...it's gone...gone forever!!! I was lucky enough to be blessed with this kiss when I was travelling to Indore a day prior on an official tour...more then that I was even more lucky to have someone inside the compartment to hold a place for me since I had some of my staff form the office traveling along who boarded the train a station before... Well I would lie if I say I didn't enjoy the kiss throught my travel that kept me entertained and engrossed!!... where my creative mind was making a mental note of each!!...like on one side(on a side lower birth) there was a newly wed couple interlocked in each other's arms as if the the groom protecting his bride from the monster like mob who he thought would gobble his pretty and vulnerable wife..more funny was the fact when she caught me scoffing thinking I was eyeing her beauty(or winking at her)..hahaahaha...but didn't my cherubic charm confirmed the fact that am married already?? On the other side sitting just opposite to me was an old man who had an anecdote to tell for each station the train stopped...Like in Maksi(a small junction on Indore-Delhi line and near to Holy City of Ujjain) and in a typical bhopali tone...air passing between his front teeth (as he wasn't wearing any dentures)..""when I was a cool dude and travelling alone once..in night there were lot of robberies taking place here..I made a run till that police station you see there....a guy I befriended told that those bunch of lads standing near the gate were conspiring to loot me..who then told me to run till this police station..and miya I ran like hell!!"" I was just wondering for a while then as to how mobile has taken over and how the technology has killed the creativity where in my childhood days our storybook or novel would travel with us as well.....but now the Next Gen would always be seen with their head bend down and fondling with their mobile!!...like a day prior during my whole four hours of travel I noticed a young lad with ear plugs on playing with his mobile...I minded my own business though wanting to tell him to give his ears and eyes a rest!!!...
Also the whole journey made me ponder as to how for us food plays an integral part...the whole compartment was filled with that typical tempting aroma of pickle and food and my mind started playing the guessing game when and where somebody must have been famished and who must've started delving into the Tiffin his wife must have packed for him...""hmmmm!!..it has to be a mango pickle with cauliflower and potatoes"' thought I because there is always a typical scent of mustard oil in a pickle and the smell of cauliflower when sauteed is also easily identifiable...yes!! I can easily guess from the aroma as to what is being cooked and the aroma had always fascinated me more then the food... well I love that also!!....which reminds me of the fact that how a typical Indian when enjoying his fav snack or meal would always make a slurping sound chewing and burping out loudly!!!... here also filling my compartment with the echoes...
Alright so where were we??!!....remember that old gentleman without dentures full of anecdotes for each station to tell??....well it was Dewas now a big junction this time and here the story looked quite inspired by a Pakistani Drama(Pyare Afzal) which even I was glued to very fondly..so he started blabbering...""Miya that time when I was a collegiate we didn't have these emails and whatsapp what you have now..so I and bunch of my friends exchanged each other's addresses promising to write a letter.... here in Dewas since I was out stationed I gave my address of one Sajid bhai...even he was Sajid"" said he!!... so I guessed this gentleman was also Sajid as he didn't introduce himself as yet..""then what happened Sajid Bhai"" queried I...very anxiously!!...""so he had a shop and i was his tennant and one of my friends was very eager to learn urdu and used to write me letters in one..which I came to learn much later on...that Sajid Bhai thought all the letters were for his beloved and beautiful wife as they were in urdu and so very poetic....so Sajid Bhai pulled my friend to court and later I came to know those letters were for me and that friend was later exonerated once I presented myself in the court and was his witness which proved his innocence of course!!!"""...this gentleman really had us intriguingly glued to his story each time he told us one..taking breaks in between always..while exhaling the smoke or taking a puff!!
So had an experience of a lifetime while enjoying this Kiss of Realty that I shall cherish for years to come....and never once did i crave for an air conditioned coupe of a First Class...where after shutting the door all we do is block this heavenly exposure and entertaining world outside!!!

No comments: